Tuesday 17 November 2015

Choosing a uni...

Dear UCAS,

As some of you may know next year I will leave school and I am hopefully heading for university. But, what scares me the most is that I have no clue what I will be doing yet and I have less than a few days to decide. My sixth forms deadline for UCAS was last Friday and I am not usually one for missing deadlines but to me it didn't feel right to sign off my future just because I had to. I am only 17 years old, how am I supposed to know what I want to be doing with the rest of my life. Physically, I am seventeen but emotionally and mentally I still feel like I should be running around a playground playing hopscotch without a care in the world. Life was so much simpler when I was younger. I have so many questions regarding which uni I should choose that in reality only I can answer. At the minute the worst thing for me is seeing all my friends send off their applications and already getting back offers, when I am still on my sixth draft of my personal statement. But, this is really bugging me, along with a few other things I wont go into on here, but I am always known as the happy one in my group at college who never gets pissed off or upset but lately I have been anything but. How am I meant to know how far I want to go away from home when I have never been away for more than a few days, let alone three years. How am I supposed to know what courses I want to do when I now can't stand the subject I thought I wanted to do. I guess what I am saying is that I just don't know anymore. I don't know what to do. Sometimes I think I am just going to go to uni because I have nothing else to do if I don't go, yet I felt the exact same way about going to sixth form. But, sixth form has probably been the best thing that's ever happened to me. I've made the best friends that I have ever had and I don't want to leave. It's been the best two years of my life but I guess I am just not ready for it to be over. So, I am sure that I will be fine and whatever choice I make will be for the best and we'll see what happens from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment