Tuesday 15 October 2013

Baking time again!

Hello everyone!
I hope you are all having a super day!

If you have read any of my really early blog posts. And I mean really early then I made some cupcakes for one of my mum's friend!


Anyway, the other day for my GCSE food portfolio and I made a Chocolate fudge cake sandwich decorated with buttercream, Raspberries and chocolate fingers. I am going to tell you how I made it. Little disclaimer, I am not a chef or qualified in any sort of cooking I simply do it for enjoyment and for my GCSE coursework

To make this you will need:

175g Self raising flour
175g Sugar
175g butter
4 small/medium eggs
25g cocoa powder
1 teaspoon of baking powder
chocolate fingers
1 or 2 punnets of raspberries depending on how many you want
1 packet of stork
150g of icing sugar and extra if you may need it!

1.Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
2. First of all mix the flour, eggs, sugar, butter, cocoa powder and baking powder into a bowl. Then  whisk them all together until you get a nice cake mixture and all the ingredients have binded together.
3. Using 2 cake tins pour half of the mixure into each of the tins and put them in the oven for around 20 minutes or until they are cooked.
4. To make the icing mix butter and icing sugar until a buttercream is formed and until you think you have enough in order to decorate the cake.
5. Once the cake has cooked leave them to cool completely before beginning to decorate.
6. To decorate sandwich the two cakes together using butter cream and then by using a piping bag, pipe the icing all over the cake and up the sides.
7. Decorate the cake how you wish, I placed raspberries all over the top and then round the edges I used chocolate fingers.
8. Grab a plate and enjoy!

I hope you liked this blog post as it was a bit different for me and if you would like to see more of these please tell me :)

Bye
Love el














No comments:

Post a Comment