Sunday 20 April 2014

Drugstore makeup look

Hi guys,

So today I decided that I would have a go a drugstore makeup look. I have always wanted to do this as sometimes drugstore products can be just as good as the high end ones which are pretty much double or triple the price. Instead of going out and buying a load of new products as I am on a spending ban at the moment, I am going to use products I already own - you never know I may find some hidden gems that have been hiding at the back of my drawers!


 
First I used my Rimmel match perfection foundation in the shade 'Light porcelain'. This foundation costs £6.99 in Superdrug which is amazing it is one of my favourite ever foundations - the coverage is really nice and its super dewy which I love, especially at this time of year.
 
 
 
Next I used my holy grail concealer - Collection lasting perfection of course! I love how this concealer is so cheap at a great price of £4.19 and it has such great quality. I mean I am extremely pale and I really struggle to find foundations and concealers that actually match my skintone and I end up having the same colour on my face as my neck for once! This concealer has amazing coverage and I also like to use this under my eyes too.


After that, I felt that my face was a tad bit too dewy so I went for the Rimmel stay matte powder in the translucent shade. I'm not normally a powder kind of gal but there is something about this one which is so good. It mattifies your skin in such a natural beautiful way and it doesn't look cakey at ALL! It's £3.99 too, what more could I want?



For the rest of my face I used these two miracle workers from MUA. I used the £1 blusher in candyfloss which for £1 is pretty darn good! It is a gorgeous bright baby pink shade and it looks so natural and lovely when you apply. I then used the £2.50 mosaic bronzing powder - this was nice but it was very dark for my skin and I had to do quite a lot of heavy blending. Surprisingly, both of these products were very pigmented and for the price I definitely wasn't expecting that!


For my eyes I used this NYC individual eyes palette in Midtown mauve - this was £3.99. I first used the primer that is included in the primer, I actually think that this is a great primer, it doesn't crease and it is super creamy and is a really good dupe for MAC's 'soft ochre' paint pot. The eye-shadows are really good too, they aren't overly pigmented but they are really nice to use and a the minute I've been reaching for this rather than my mac palette.



The mascara is used was L'oreals new Miss Manga for £8.99. I am obsessed with this mascara it doesn't clump your lashes together and it adds the perfect amount of volume and length. The thin nib at the end is perfect for grabbing those corner lashes which are feeling a little bit stubborn!


Lastly, I used collections little mix lipstick for £2.99, the one I used is Jade's lipstick. This is a gorgeous nude lipstick - it is very pigmented and creamy so it doesn't dry out your lips. In terms of colour  I think this is very similar to MAC's jubilee.


Here is the finished look. I hope you enjoyed this post as much as I enjoyed making it!

Love Ellie | Makeup and other junk

No comments:

Post a Comment