Monday 13 July 2015

About Last Night by Adele Parks



'For thirty years, best friends Stephanie and Philippa have been practically inseparable. There's nothing they would not do for one another. Until a few simple words change everything.
I need you to say that I was with you.'


Steph, eternally solid, considerate and dependable, is begging her best friend to lie to the police as she's desperately trying to conceal two shocking secrets to protect her family. Pip, self-consigned to the role of scatty, frivolous hot-head is overwhelmed; she's normally the one asking for help in a crisis although never anything as catastrophic as this. Both women have always believed that friendship is built on mutual selflessness, compromise and trust. Are those beliefs now to be tested beyond endurance?'


I have read a few novels by Adele Parks and she is a fantastic writer and this book definitely lives up to that title. I have to admit for the first couple of chapters I felt as though nothing was really happening so I didn't really engage much with the characters. However, as the story progressed I really got into it and couldn't wait for what would happen next. I am going to be honest and say that this book is by no means the best book I've ever read but I did enjoy it. I just felt as though the story was dragged out for a lot longer than it needed to but other than that it is a good story about how true friendship can conquer anything and if you want a friendship to last forever, then it will.

Thanks for reading :)

Love El | Makeup and other junk

No comments:

Post a Comment